This location can help you with: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), EarlyLearn Head Start, Emergency Food Assistance Program.
Address280 Rivington Street, Manhattan 10002
Provides packaged goods (Food Pantry) and Head Start - Pre-k
Contact by phoneCall: 212-254-3070
Programs at this location
NYC Human Resources Administration
Get help paying for groceries with SNAP. SNAP benefits are sometimes called food stamps. They come on a debit card that you can use at many grocery stores and farmers markets.
Apply in person
- Print a paper application, pick one up from a SNAP Center, or call the HRA Infoline at 718-557-1399 to have a paper application mailed to you.
- Gather the documents you'll need to include with your application.
- Drop your completed application off at a SNAP Center near you. You can make copies of your documents at the center.
- You can also apply for SNAP at a community-based organization (CBO) in your neighborhood. Experts can help you submit your application, and the necessary documents.
NYC Department of Education
EarlyLearn NYC Head Start programs provide early child care and education that supports the whole family. Families can get services for at least eight hours a day.
Apply in person
- Use MySchools to find programs for three-year-olds. Choose the "EarlyLearn" filter in the drop-down menu, then type in your home address to find programs near you.
- To help stop the spread of coronavirus, Family Welcome Center buildings are temporarily closed, but staff members are working remotely to support families. You can email your questions about enrollment, offer information, waitlists, and more to: Bronx , Brooklyn , Manhattan , Queens, Staten Island Staff are aiming to respond to all email requests within 48 hours by email.