This location can help you with: NYC Family Justice Centers, Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.
Address80 Centre Street, 5th Floor , Manhattan 10013
Contact by phoneCall: 212-602-2800
Programs at this location
NYC Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence
Survivors of sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and intimate partner and family violence can get free and confidential services at NYC FJCs, including:
- Counseling for adults and children, and mental health services for adults
- Help with safety planning, housing, shelter, and other needs
- Legal help with orders of protection, custody, visitation, divorce, immigration, and housing matters
- Help filing police reports
- Financial services, job training, and education program referrals
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs / IRS
This tax credit helps working families pay for the care of children, adult dependents, or disabled spouses. You can claim up to $3,000 in expenses for one dependent or $6,000 for more than one when you file your taxes.
Apply in person
If you earn $64,000 or less (with children) or $45,000 or less (without children), you may be eligible to get your taxes done in-person for free. You will need the following forms:
- Child and Dependent Care Expenses form: Form 2441.
- U.S. Individual Income Tax Return: Form 1040 or U.S. Nonresident Income Tax Return: Form 1040NR.
- If you received dependent care benefits from your employer, you must complete Part III of Form 2441.