1. How it Works
Advance & Earn is a training and employment program for youth (ages 16-24) who are not working nor in school. Depending on your career interests and level of schooling, you can get Pre-HSE or HSE prep, paid internships, and access to advanced job training.
- There are two program cohorts every year. You can apply anytime for the next cohort.
- Advanced training is available in health, medical, construction, culinary, and professional services.
- You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to participate.
- The program is available to English Language Learners (ELL).
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the DYCD website for more information.
Call Community Connect
Call DYCD Community Connect at 800-246-4646 or 646-343-6800 if you have questions about this program.
2. Determine your eligibility
To be eligible for Advance & Earn, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a resident of NYC?
- Are you 16-24 years old?
- Are you not attending school? (i.e. you have not graduated high school, you do not have a high school equivalency diploma)
- Are you not working?
- Are you legally authorized to work in New York City?
- Are you willing to commit six months to the program?
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
Find a program on the DiscoverDYCD website by typing “Advance & Earn” into the “Program Search” box. Contact a program near you to apply.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.