Child care vouchers help cover the cost of child care for children 6 weeks to 13 years old. Children with disabilities up to 19 years old are also covered. Hundreds of home-based and center-based providers across NYC accept child care vouchers and offer child care services in safe and positive learning environments.
- Vouchers cover some or all of your child care costs. Most families are required to pay part of the costs based on their income and family size. Your voucher will cover all of the costs if you are:
- a family on cash assistance
- a family experiencing homelessness
- a foster care parent
- You can use a voucher to pay for child care from licensed/regulated providers and approved informal providers like relatives, neighbors, or friends.
- Your child can enter a child care program any time during the year.
- Eligibility is based on your family’s income, size, and other needs.
- Parents are not required to be U.S. citizens. However, the child receiving care must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or have satisfactory immigration status.
- Voucher availability is dependent upon funding.
RelatedCash & Expenses Child Care Children (0-13) Families People with disabilities Pregnant & new parents
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the ACS website to learn more.
Find child care programs on NYC Child Care Connect or through the State’s Office of Children and Family Services page.
Call the ACS Child and Family Well-Being Call Center
If you have questions, call the ACS CFWB Call Center at 212-835-7610.
You may qualify for a voucher if your household gets Cash Assistance or is experiencing homelessness. You may also qualify if your household earns less than the incomes shown below:
|Family size||Monthly income||Yearly income|
You also need to have one of these “reasons for care”:
- You work 10+ hours per week
- You are in an educational or vocational training program
- You have been looking for work
- You live in temporary housing (priority access)
- You are attending services for domestic violence
- You are receiving treatment for substance abuse
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
- Download and complete the application form.
- Mail your completed forms and documents to:
NYC Children – EDU
PO Box 40, Maplewood, NJ 07040
If you are one of these groups, see special instructions for applying for child care vouchers:
- A family experiencing homelessness
- A family receiving or was on Cash Assistance
- A family receiving child welfare services
- A working foster parent
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.