The Older Adult Employment Program helps adults 55 and older prepare for and find work while paying them. Older adults get trained to use computers, look for work, write resumes, and more. Career counselors are also there to give advice.
- There are job placements citywide for many kinds of work which include:
- data processing
- administrative work
- customer service
- security services
- airport services
- home care
- Requires proof of identity, income, where you live, and eligibility to work.
To be eligible for Older Adult Employment Program, you must:
- Be 55 years or older
- Live in the five boroughs
- Be unemployed
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Commit to actively seeking employment
Your household’s income must be at or below the amount shown in this chart.
|Household size||Your income (125% or less than the federal poverty level)|
|For each additional person||add $6,425|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.