1. How it Works
The New York City Department of Education is pleased to announce that breakfast and lunch are completely free for all students in every New York City public school.
- Families no longer need to fill out applications to qualify for free meal benefits.
- You may be asked to complete a family income inquiry form to help schools receive funding.
2. Determine your eligibility
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
- Applications are no longer needed to qualify for free meal benefits.
- Families may be asked to complete a family income inquiry form to help schools receive funding.
Apply in person
Speak to the Parent Coordinator in your child’s school for more information.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.