1. How it Works
The Tenant Resource Portal is an online resource to help residential renters avoid eviction and remain in their homes. The online portal directs you to resources based on your situation.
- For English, go to NYC.gov/TenantResourcePortal ; For Spanish, go to NYC.gov/PortalParaInquilinos
- By answering some questions about your unique circumstances, you’ll be directed to the most relevant resources, such as help navigating an illegal lockout or eviction.
- For legal assistance on housing issues, call 311 and say “Tenant Helpline.”
- If you are facing an eviction case, you can receive free legal assistance through HRA’s Office of Civil Justice and the City’s “right-to-counsel” law.
- If appropriate, specialists can set up a mediation session between you and your landlord outside of Housing Court to resolve issues like unpaid rent, lease concerns, or move outs.
RelatedCOVID-19 impacted Everyone Families Housing Immigrants NYCHA residents People with disabilities Seniors
More ways to get help with this program
Get more information and resources if you are a tenant impacted by COVID-19
Call 311 and say “Tenant Helpline”
2. Determine your eligibility
All renters are eligible to receive help regardless of immigration status.