The Tenant Resource Portal is an online resource to help residential renters avoid eviction and remain in their homes. The online portal directs you to resources based on your situation.
- For English, go to NYC.gov/TenantResourcePortal ; For Spanish, go to NYC.gov/PortalParaInquilinos
- By answering some questions about your unique circumstances, you’ll be directed to the most relevant resources, such as help navigating an illegal lockout or eviction.
- For legal assistance on housing issues, call 311 and say “Tenant Helpline.”
- If you are facing an eviction case, you can receive free legal assistance through HRA’s Office of Civil Justice and the City’s “right-to-counsel” law.
- If appropriate, specialists can set up a mediation session between you and your landlord outside of Housing Court to resolve issues like unpaid rent, lease concerns, or move outs.
RelatedCOVID-19 impacted Everyone Families Housing Immigrants NYCHA residents People with disabilities Seniors
More ways to get help with this program
Get more information and resources if you are a tenant impacted by COVID-19
Call 311 and say “Tenant Helpline”
All renters are eligible to receive help regardless of immigration status.