1. How it Works
ActionNYC offers free and safe immigration legal help regardless of immigration status. Services are offered by trusted legal service providers at community-based organizations, hospitals, and schools.
- Get free, comprehensive legal screenings to find out if you qualify for any immigration benefit.
- Get free legal help from an experienced legal representative for a range of cases, including:
- Green card applications and renewals
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and more
- Your information will be completely confidential and held by the organization helping you with your case. Sensitive information will not be shared with others.
- Services are offered in your language.
- The Resource and Referral Guide has information on services for recently arrived immigrant children and their families and caretakers, including refugees. These include education, child and family welfare, health, legal, and other services.
- You are eligible if you’re an immigrant living in New York City, regardless of your documented status.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the NYC Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs website for more information.
See the Resource and Referral Guide to learn about services for recently arrived immigrant children and their families and caretakers.
Call 311 and say “ActionNYC”.
2. Determine your eligibility
ActionNYC is for all New Yorkers, regardless of immigration status. Your documented status does not affect your eligbility to use ActionNYC.
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply by phone
Call 800-354-0365 between 9am and 6pm, Monday – Friday to make an appointment.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.