Every New Yorker can get health insurance. There are low-cost and free plans for people who qualify, and counselors to help you choose a plan.
- Open enrollment through the NY State Marketplace is from November to January each year.
- Options are available for all New Yorkers, even if you are not a citizen
- Insurance is required for most people by the Affordable Care Act; you can get fined if you are not enrolled
All New Yorkers can get help understanding and enrolling in health insurance. Depending on your age and income, you may also be eligible for public health insurance.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Document requirements vary by program:
- If you are under 65 years old and not seeking long term care, please visit the New York State of Health Marketplace to find what documents are required to apply.
- If you are 65 years old or older, please visit the NYC Human Resource Administration to find what documents are required to apply.
- If you are seeking long-term care, please visit the NYC Human Resource Administration to find what documents are required to apply.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.