1. How it Works
NYC Well is your connection to free, private mental health support. Connect to a counselor or peer support specialist by phone, text, or chat.
- To speak with a counselor at any time:
- Chat online on the NYC Well website.
- Call 888-NYC-WELL (888-692-9355). When prompted, press 2 for English, 3 for Spanish, or 5 for Chinese.
- Text “WELL” to 65173. When prompted, text 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Chinese.
- Call 711 if you need relay service for deaf or hard of hearing.
- If you are in danger or need immediate medical attention, call 911 now.
- Help is available at any time, on any day, with:
- stress, depression, and anxiety.
- finding long-term counseling.
- alcohol and other drug use.
- connecting with peer support specialists who have had similar experiences.
- suicide prevention and crisis counseling.
- referrals to additional services.
- Counselors speak English, Spanish, and Chinese. Interpretation services are also available in over 200 languages.
RelatedCOVID-19 impacted Everyone Families Health Immigrants People with disabilities Pregnant & new parents Seniors Students Veterans Youth (10+)
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Find more mental health services on the NYC Well website.
You can also find free mobile apps to help manage your health and emotional wellbeing.
Ask for “NYC Well.”
2. Determine your eligibility
All New Yorkers can speak with a counselor and use NYC Well services, regardless of citizenship or immigration status. You can access services right away and at any time.