1. How it Works
EarlyLearn NYC Head Start programs provide a safe, caring environment for three and four year old children. Care is provided at a center for eight hours a day and children are fed healthy meals and snacks.
- Care is only available at centers
- If you are receiving Cash Assistance and in an HRA-approved work, education, or training activity you are probably eligible
- Pre-K is offered to all four year olds in partnership with the NYC Department of Education
- Services are available for children with special needs
2. Determine your eligibility
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Is your child three or four years old?
- Is your family already receiving services from either ACS or the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)?
- Is your income equal to or less than program income requirements?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
|for each additional person, add:||$4,056||$338||$84.50|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
If you are receiving Cash Assistance, you are automatically eligible for Head Start.
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply in person
- Use the EarlyLearn NYC program finder and choose a provider.
- Visit the program of your choice and get an application.
- Complete the application and submit it with the required documents to an EarlyLearn NYC Head Start program of your choice.
- If you are receiving benefits from the Human Resources Administration (HRA) and would like to enroll in an EarlyLearn NYC program, visit your assigned Job Center.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.