EarlyLearn NYC Head Start programs provide a safe, caring environment for three and four year old children. Care is provided at a center for eight hours a day and children are fed healthy meals and snacks.
- Care is only available at centers
- If you are receiving Cash Assistance and in an HRA-approved work, education, or training activity you are probably eligible
- Pre-K is offered to all four year olds in partnership with the NYC Department of Education
- Services are available for children with special needs
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Is your child three or four years old?
- Is your family already receiving services from either ACS or the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)?
- Is your income equal to or less than program income requirements?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
|for each additional person, add:||$4,320||$360||$ 83|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
If you are receiving Cash Assistance, you are automatically eligible for Head Start.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.