Your family can get cash if you are in need. The funds come on a debit card that you can use at any ATM or store where EBT cards are accepted.
- Requires proof of identity, where you live, income, and citizenship status.
- You must be a US citizen or have satisfactory immigration status to receive Cash Assistance; a worker will help you learn your status when you apply
- If you are able to work, you will either need to be working, in an education or training program, or participate in a program assigned to you in order to get Cash Assistance
- You can get money for emergencies, including: eviction, energy and utility bills, natural disasters, and your safety or health
- Apply in person, or have an interview at home if you are homebound
This program looks at several things to decide if you are eligible. Some of them include:
- how much money you earn
- how much money you receive from benefits
- how many people live in your house
- resources like cash or a checking account
- your citizenship or immigration status
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.