This program helps New Yorkers who need family planning, but may not be able to afford it. FPBP services include birth control (including birth control pills and condoms), emergency contraception, and advice about family planning.
- When you visit a provider for family planning help, you can ask to keep the session private.
- You can apply even if you don’t have insurance, have private insurance, or are enrolled in Child Health Plus.
- Financial resources (like bank statements) are not needed to determine eligibility.
- People who have Medicaid are not eligible because they can get confidential family planning services with Medicaid.
- Undocumented immigrants and people on short-term visas who are not in the process of applying for permanent status are not eligible.
To be eligible, you need to meet these criteria:
- You’re a New York State resident
- You’re a U.S. Citizen, National, or lawfully present.
- You’re not enrolled in Medicaid.
- If you have Medicaid, confidential family planning is already included in your coverage
- Your income equal to or less than these program income requirements:
|Family size||Income in a month|
|For each additional person, add:||$956|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.