This program helps New Yorkers who need family planning, but may not be able to afford it.
FPBP services include:
- Birth control (including birth control pills and condoms)
- Emergency contraception
- Advice about family planning
- When you visit a provider for family planning help, you can ask to keep the session private
- People who don’t have insurance, have private insurance, or are enrolled in Child Health Plus can apply
- Financial resources (like bank statements) are not needed to determine eligibility
- People who have Medicaid are not eligible
- Undocumented immigrants and people on short-term visas who are not in the process of applying for permanent status are not eligible
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Do you live in New York State?
- Are you a US citizen, national, Native American, or have satisfactory immigration status?
- Do you have insurance (or no insurance) other than Medicaid?
- If you have Medicaid, confidential family planning is already included in your coverage
- Is your income equal to or less than program income requirements?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
|For each additional person, add:||$9,864||$822||$190|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.