Parents who are students can get free early childhood education for their young kids though LYFE. LYFE also provides counseling, referral services, and advocacy to help parents achieve their educational and parenting goals.
- Services are free to all eligible families, regardless of immigration status.
- LYFE’s services also include:
- Counseling and referral services for parents.
- Helping student-parents graduate from high school or complete high school equivalency.
- There are over 30 LYFE locations in the five boroughs.
- LYFE is a NYC Department of Education program with certified teachers, trained paraprofessionals, and licensed social workers at each site.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the Living for the Young Family through Education website for more information.
Send enrollment questions via the Enrollment Inquiry Form. A staff member will contact you.
Email LYFE at email@example.com
Ask about the Living for the Young Family through Education (LYFE) program.
Call the office
Call the LYFE Central Office 212-609–8520 for help.
Visit the office
Contact LYFE’s Central Office with any questions about LYFE.
You may be eligible for LYFE if you answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you enrolled in or eligible to enroll in an NYC Department of Education school or program?
- Is your child between 6 weeks and 4 years old, and not age-eligible for Pre-K for All?
- Complete the LYFE Enrollment Packet (English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Urdu, Haitian-Creole).
- Visit LYFE’s Central Office or LYFE sites to enroll.
- You can meet the LYFE team at LYFE sites to tour a classroom and learn about daily routines.
- The LYFE team will schedule an orientation appointment with you to review your enrollment documents and get to know you and your family.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.