1. How it Works
NYC NFP is a home visiting program for low-income women and girls who are pregnant with their first baby. Trained nurses visit you at your home regularly from pregnancy until your baby is two years old and support you to become a knowledgeable and nurturing parent.
- You can receive services no matter your age or immigration status
- You can join NFP early in your pregnancy, but no later than your 28th week
- All services are provided at no cost to the client
2. Determine your eligibility
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a woman or a girl who is 28 weeks pregnant or less with your first baby?
- If you are over 18 years old, do you live in a zip code listed on the NFP service map?
- Do you meet the income requirements?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
- All NYC girls under 18 years old are eligible, regardless of ZIP code.
- All women and girls are eligible if they are: homeless or incarcerated, in foster care, or involved in the juvenile justice system.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply by mail
If you are a service provider, you can refer your patients/clients to NFP by filling in the referral form and mailing or faxing it to the locations listed on the form.
Apply by phone
Woman and girls can find out if they are eligible by calling NYC NFP at 646-364-0714.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.