First-time parents can get their own personal nurse at no cost. Your nurse can answer your questions and provide valuable guidance and support for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- With NYC NFP, you will meet with your nurse regularly to talk about pregnancy, parenting, your child’s health and development, and whatever else is on your mind as a first-time parent.
- Your nurse will help you:
- Know what to expect during pregnancy and childbirth
- Learn how to take care of your baby (feeding, bathing, safe sleep, and more)
- Understand how babies learn and grow
- Give your baby the best possible start in life
- Your nurse can also:
- Support your personal goals (like education and employment)
- Connect you with other resources and services, like health insurance, mental health care, child care, and educational programs
- You can sign up for NYC NFP as early in your pregnancy as you want but no later than your 28th week.
- You can get NYC NFP services regardless of your immigration status.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
To learn more about how your own personal nurse can support you during your pregnancy and beyond, visit the NYC NFP website.
Email NYC NFP
You can email any questions you have about NYC NFP.
Call 311 and say you are a first-time parent interested in Nurse-Family Partnership.
Call NYC NFP
Call NYC NFP at 347-396-4200 for more information.
You’re eligible for NYC NFP if you can answer ‘yes‘ to the below questions:
- Are you 28 weeks pregnant or less with your first baby?
- Do you live in New York City?
- Are you eligible or believe you may be eligible for Medicaid or WIC?
This program is available to all eligible parents, regardless of age, immigration status, or gender identity.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.