Pre-K programs help children get a strong start in school and life. Your child can learn to problem-solve, ask questions, and explore the world around them in a safe, nurturing learning community.
- Apply to pre-K for the 2023-2024 school year by March 10, 2023.
- In New York City, children begin pre-K in the calendar year they turn four.
- Pre-K programs offer Full day, Extended Day and Year and Head Start seat types, each with their own eligibility requirements. Learn more.
- Pre-K programs are offered throughout the five boroughs in three settings. Each setting offers a consistent DOE high-quality, play-based curriculum. Settings might be:
- select public elementary schools,
- Pre-K centers run by NYCDOE staff, and
- community-based organizations (CBOs).
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Enroll over the phone by calling 718-935-2009.
- Apply by March 10, 2023.
- Monday-Friday between 8am and 6pm.
- Interpretation services are available in more than 200 languages.
Apply at a Family Welcome Center by March 10, 2023.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.