1. How it Works
In free, full-day, high-quality Pre-K, teachers are sparking wonder and igniting learning in our children. Pre-K for All gives children stronger math and reading skills in elementary school and a better chance at success in life. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience.
- Applications for the 2018 – 2019 school year open on February 5, 2018
- Requires proof of address and child’s age
- Apply online, by phone, or in person
- Available for students with disabilities and students learning English
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the Pre-K website to find a program and learn more.
Email Pre-K admissions
Email Pre-K admissions if you have questions about getting into Pre-K.
Ask for Pre-K For All.
Call Pre-K admissions
Call 718-935-2009 if you have questions about getting into Pre-K.
Visit a Family Welcome Center
Visit a Family Welcome Center to learn more about Pre-K programs.
2. Determine your eligibility
All New York City families with a child born in 2014 can apply to Pre-K for All starting on February 5, 2018.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
- Use Pre-K Finder to look at different programs before applying. Type in your address to see programs near you.
- Apply for the program(s) of your choice.
Apply by phone
Apply over the phone by calling 718-935-2067 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m – 3 p.m, except holidays).
Apply in person
- Use Pre-K Finder to research programs and find new choices before completing your application.
- Type in your address to see programs near you.
- Download and fill in the application for the programs of your choice.
- Submit your application online or bring your completed application to a Family Welcome Center.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.