Pre-K programs help children get a strong start in school and life. Children learn to problem-solve, ask questions, and explore the world around them. Pre-K programs provide children across NYC with a safe, nurturing learning community.
- Apply to pre-K for the 2022-2023 school year by March 18, 2022.
- In New York City, children begin pre-K in the calendar year they turn four.
- Pre-K programs offer Full day, Extended Day and Year and Head Start seat types. Learn more.
- Pre-K programs are offered in some public elementary schools, Pre-K centers that are run by NYCDOE staff, and at community-based organizations. Each setting offers a consistent DOE high-quality, play-based curriculum.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the NYC DOE Pre-K website to learn more about the pre-K admissions process.
Email Pre-K admissions
Email ESEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov if you have questions about getting into pre-K.
Ask for Pre-K For All.
Call Pre-K admissions
Call 718-935-2009 if you have questions about enrolling in pre-K.
Visit a Family Welcome Center
Visit a Family Welcome Center to learn more about pre-K programs.
- All NYC families with children born in 2018 can enroll for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Children with disabilities attend Pre-K for All programs. Learn more.
Children do not need to be toilet trained to attend pre-K.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
- Enroll over the phone by calling 718-935-2009.
- Interpretation services are available in more than 200 languages.
Apply at a Family Welcome Center.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.