In free, full-day, high-quality Pre-K, teachers spark wonder and ignite learning in children. Pre-K for All gives children stronger math and reading skills in elementary school and a better chance at success in life. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience.
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year open in early 2020.
- Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now closed. If you did not apply, you can still take part—add your child to programs’ wait lists by contacting schools directly or with MySchools.
- Apply online, by phone, or in person.
- Available for students with disabilities and students learning English.
- Requires proof of address and child’s age.
All New York City families with a child born in 2016 can apply to Pre-K for All starting in February, 2020.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.