1. How it Works
We Speak NYC helps English language learners age 16 and above to learn English and access services. The program has online classes, videos, web, and print materials for you to practice at home.
- We Speak NYC classes help you build and practice conversation skills at community classes in all five boroughs.
- Classes are available for free online and in-person.
- Classes and materials are created for intermediate English language learners.
- The videos and materials tell stories about New Yorkers who have come from all over the world and explain some important services and resources that the City offers.
- Each video has a script, study guide, and vocabulary practice.
- You can also volunteer to lead a class or host a class for We Speak NYC.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the We Speak NYC website for more information.
Email We Speak NYC
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to learn more.
Call for We Speak NYC
For general comments or questions, fill out MOIA’s Contact Us form or call 212-788-7654.
2. Determine your eligibility
Anyone is eligible to sign up for an online class. Classes and materials are created for intermediate English language learners ages 16 and above.
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
- For learners: Online classes meet once a week and run for 8 weeks. In-person classes vary by location. Find a class online or in-person that works for you.
- You can also start learning English by watching We Speak NYC’s videos.
- For volunteers: Apply to lead a class.
- For partners: Apply to host an in-person class.
Apply by phone
Call the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs at 212-788-7654. You can ask to be connected with WSNYC to find and take a class, to volunteer to lead a class, or to become a partner host-site.
Apply in person
Find a class near you and walk in. No sign-up or enrollment required.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.