1. How it Works
Workforce1 is a service that prepares and connects qualified candidates to job opportunities in New York City. The service makes strong matches for both job seekers and employers that are hiring by using a unique combination of recruitment expertise, industry knowledge, and skill-building workshops to strengthen candidates’ employment prospects.
- Job matching, training opportunities and internship programs are available.
- All Workforce1 Career Center services are free.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit an online resouce
Visit an online resource library for commonly asked questions.
Email your questions or if you need more information about Workforce1.
Ask for Workforce1 if you need help finding a program.
Call for Workforce1 if you’re hearing or speech-impaired
Call NYC Telephone Relay System at 800-662-1220.
Visit a Workforce1 Career Center
Find a Workforce1 Career Center near you.
2. Determine your eligibility
- Anyone 18 years or older is eligibile and can use a Workforce1 Career Center.
- There are no income, citizenship, or residency requirements
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
For each person applying, any one document:
- Driver license or official photo ID
- Birth certificate
- Social Security Card or ITIN Statement from an employer or social services agency
- Baptismal card or another religious certificate
- Official birth records
- Official government record showing birth date
- Other official record showing birth date
- Benefit card
- Cash Assistance records
- Employment or payroll records
- SNAP card with photo
- Green Card
- Arrival-Departure Record Card: INS form I-94
- Military Discharge Form: DD-214
- Marriage license
- Medicaid card
- Native American tribal document
- Naturalization certificate
- Voter registration card
- W-2/working papers
- Adoption records
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
- Fill out a quick form online to register.
- Get access to our job opportunities, recruitment events, workshops, training opportunities, and other services – all for free!
Apply in person
- Find a Workforce1 Center near you.
- Attend an Introduction to Services session and a brief one-on–one session with a Workforce1 staff member to review work experience, fit for Workforce1 job opportunities, and recommended next steps.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.