New York City students can join free afterschool programs that offer homework help, sports, arts, and more. Hundreds of programs are located all over the City.
- In COMPASS programs, young people get to participate in:
- literacy and Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematic (STEM) learning.
- activities that are hands-on, project-based, and aligned with educational standards.
- high quality arts and sports programming.
- Programs are typically three hours each day, five days per week, including on school holidays.
- Programs are offered in all five boroughs and in many neighborhoods.
More ways to get help with this program
Learn more about COMPASS from DYCD.
Ask for “Comprehensive After School Program assistance.”
Visit your child’s school
Speak with an afterschool program staff person at your child’s school for more information.
All NYC students in kindergarten to 12th grade are eligible to enroll in COMPASS programs.
Each program may have different age and eligibility requirements.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
To enroll your child in a COMPASS NYC program, contact the afterschool program staff at your child’s school.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.