Students can join one of hundreds of free afterschool programs in NYC through COMPASS NYC. COMPASS programs can offer homework help, sports, arts, and more. They are free and located all over the city.
- Programs are offered to young people for free
- Programs are three hours each day, five days per week, including on school holidays
All NYC students, in kindergarten to 12th grade, are eligible to enroll in COMPASS programs.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
You can use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website.
- Select “afterschool programs” in the category field.
- Enter your borough and neighborhood, or zip code to begin searching.
Apply in person
To enroll your child in a COMPASS NYC program, contact the program staff at your child’s school.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.