Your child can get free child care through EarlyLearn NYC. EarlyLearn gives your child a safe and clean place to stay during the day, with games and education, preparing your child for Pre-K. Children in EarlyLearn get healthy meals and snacks and can stay for up to 10 hours each day.
- If you are receiving Cash Assistance and in an HRA-approved work, education, or training activity you are probably eligible
- Services are available for children with special needs
- Child care options are also available through the EarlyLearn Head Start program (for three and four year olds) and private programs
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Is your child between six weeks and four years old?
- Are you working or attending an approved training or educational program for 20 hours or more per week?
- Is your family already receiving services from either ACS or the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)?
There are also income guidelines your family must meet to be eligible. With a few questions, we can help you find out if you may be eligible.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.