IDNYC is a free government-issued photo ID card for people over 10 years old who live in NYC. It can help you get City services, museum memberships, and more.
- All New Yorkers 10 and older, regardless of immigration status, can apply for an IDNYC card.
- Requires proof of identity and where you live
- Find an an enrollment center near you to apply in person
- Applicants 14 and older can submit applications online before going to an enrollment center
- You can apply for an IDNYC card even if you are homeless
- IDNYC cardholders are now able to pay the fee to replace a lost or stolen card online via the IDNYC Online Portal. Cardholders can start the replacement card application online in the “Replace Your Card” option, pay the $10 fee, and complete the process at any IDNYC enrollment center or pop-up
- Cardholders who are 10-13 years old may pay the fee to replace a lost stolen card at an IDNYC Department of Finance Enrollment Center
- IDNYC has launched new partnerships with entertainment and cultural institutions that are fun for the whole family
Anyone who lives in NYC and is ages 10 or older is eligible to apply for an IDNYC card.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.