IDNYC is a free government-issued photo ID card for people over 10 years old who live in NYC. It can help you get City services, museum memberships, and more.
- All New Yorkers 10 and older, regardless of immigration status, can apply for an IDNYC card
- Requires proof of identity and where you live
- Find an an enrollment center near you to apply in person
- Applicants 14 and older can submit applications online before going to an enrollment center
- You can apply for an IDNYC card even if you are homeless
- IDNYC cardholders are now able to pay the fee to replace a lost or stolen card online via the IDNYC Online Portal. Cardholders can start the replacement card application online in the “Replace Your Card” option, pay the $10 fee, and complete the process at any IDNYC enrollment center or pop-up
- Cardholders who are 10-13 years old may pay the fee to replace a lost stolen card at an IDNYC Department of Finance Enrollment Center
- IDNYC has launched new partnerships with entertainment and cultural institutions that are fun for the whole family
Anyone who lives in NYC and is ages 10 or older is elibigle to apply for an IDNYC card.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
You can submit your application online before going to an enrollment center. To do so:
- Go to the IDNYC website.
- Select the language you prefer to use.
- Read application instructions including eligibility and document requirements.
- Fill out the electronic application.
- Select the documents you are going to bring to the enrollment center for your appointment.
- Schedule an appointment for an enrollment center.
- Look over the information you entered and provide an electronic signature.
- Print out your application receipt and make sure you bring it to your appointment.
Apply in person
- Find an enrollment center near you and book your appointment online. Appointments are required.
- Print and fill out the application form for 10-13 year olds and for 14 years and older ahead of time and bring it to your appointment, or fill it out at your appointment.
- Applicants 14 and older can submit applications online before going to an enrollment center.
- Collect your documents and bring them with you to your appointment. Your ID photo will be taken during the appointment.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.