1. How it Works
This program offers complete pregnancy care and other health services to women and teens who live in New York State and meet income guidelines.
- Babies receive health care services for at least one year after birth.
- If you’re pregnant and uninsured, you may qualify to sign up for an insurance plan through the NY State of Health Marketplace, even if the enrollment period is closed.
- Free coverage is available regardless of immigration status.
- Extended access to family planning services is available to women who have Medicaid while pregnant but lose coverage after pregnancy.
RelatedHealth Pregnant & new parents
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the New York State Department of Health website.
Ask for Medicaid for Pregnant Women.
Call Growing Up Healthy Hotline
Call the New York State Growing Up Healthy Hotline at 800-522-5006
2. Determine your eligibility
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a New York State resident?
- Do you meet the following income guidelines?
|Family size (include unborn children)||Income in a month|
|For each additional person, add:||$878|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply in person
Enroll with an In-Person Assistor (IPA) or find select providers near you.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.