Veterans and their families who are homeless can get help through HUD-VASH. The program helps Veterans find and keep permanent housing by providing Section 8 rental vouchers as well as case management and other supportive services at VA medical centers.
- Call 877-424-3838 to be connected with your local homeless program and apply
- Case management is an important part of the program, and you will be required to participate
- You must re-certify each year to keep your housing voucher
- You must contribute 30% of your monthly income towards rent, the voucher will cover the rest
- To be eligible for HUD-VASH, you must be eligible for VA health care and meet the federal definition of homelessness
- You must have income within the program guidelines and willingness to receive case management from the VA
- The National Call Center for Homeless Veterans can refer you to your local VA medical center to determine eligibility.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.