HUD-VASH helps veterans and their families who are homeless find and keep permanent housing. Veterans get a Section 8 rental voucher that helps pay for a place to live. VA case managers can also connect veterans with other supportive services.
- You must contribute 30% of your monthly income towards rent. The voucher will cover the rest.
- You must re-certify each year to keep your housing voucher.
- Case management is an important part of the program, and you will need to participate.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the HUD-VASH website for more information.
To be eligible for HUD-VASH, you must:
- be eligible for VA health care.
- be homeless.
- have income within the program guidelines.
- be willing to receive case management from the VA.
Call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 877-424-3838. They will connect you to your local VA homeless program for a referral to HUD-VASH.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.