There are two ways to get free food quickly: get groceries from a food pantry, or a cooked meal from a community kitchen. Find the closest food pantries and community kitchens by using the Food Map.
- For urgent food and hunger needs, call the Emergency Food Hotline at 866-888-8777. You’ll be provided with hours of operation and directions to the nearest food pantries and community kitchens
- Everyone is eligible for emergency food assistance, regardless of immigration status or how much money you have
- Food pantries and community kitchens exist in all five boroughs
- If you often need help buying food, use ACCESS NYC to see if you’re eligible for SNAP (food stamps) and other benefits
- Some locations offer kosher food