1. How it Works
Survivors of sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and intimate partner and family violence can get free and confidential services at NYC FJCs.
- FJC services include:
- Counseling for adults and children, and mental health services for adults
- Safety planning, housing, shelter, and other needs
- Legal help with orders of protection, custody, visitation, divorce, immigration, and housing matters
- Help filing police reports
- Financial services, job training, and education program referrals
- Call the NYC Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-621-4673 (HOPE), TTY: 866-604-5350 (if you are hearing impaired), or call 311 and ask for the hotline.
- Call 911 if you are in danger and need immediate help.
- You do not need to make an appointment to visit any FJC.
- Services are free and confidential, and most are available at one location.
- Staff speak more than 30 languages, and interpreters are available at every FJC.
- Child care is available for ages three and up is available while you are receiving services on-site.
RelatedEveryone Family Services Immigrants
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the websites
Visit the Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence website for more information.
Check the NYC HOPE Resource Directory for information and resources for survivors of domestic and gender-based violence.
Call the hotline
Call the NYC Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-621-4673 (HOPE), TTY 866-604-5350 (if you are hearing impaired) to speak with a counselor.
2. Determine your eligibility
Services are free and confidential. People of any age, income, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, or language spoken are welcome.
3. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply by phone
Call an FJC in your borough:
- Bronx: 718-508-1220
- Brooklyn: 718-250-5113
- Manhattan: 212-602-2800
- Queens: 718-575-4545
- Staten Island: 718-697-4300
On evenings and weekends, call the NYC Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-621-4673 (HOPE), TTY: 866-604-5350 (if you are hearing impaired).
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.