HASA helps people and families living with HIV or AIDS be healthier and more independent. People with HASA are connected with a caseworker who gets them the help they need. This help includes applying for public benefits and services.
- Apply in person at the HASA Service Line Intake office
- If you are HIV positive, you do not need to have symptoms to be eligible
- People are often referred by medical and service organizations
To be eligible for HASA, you must have been diagnosed with HIV or with AIDS, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To apply for HASA, you will need to provide proof of the following:
- Your identity: such as a driver’s license or non-driver’s license ID.
- Your medical conditions, including HIV status.
- You or your doctor can mail or fax your medical information to the HASA Service Line Intake Unit at 400 Eighth Ave., 2nd Flr, New York, NY 10001 or fax it to 212-971-0820.
- Citizenship or immigration status: such as your birth certificate or US passport.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.