Skip to main content

Services for people with HIV or AIDS

HIV/AIDS Services Administration (HASA) | NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)

1. How it Works

HASA connects people with HIV/AIDS to services that help them live healthier and independent lives.

  • HASA centers are located in all 5 boroughs.
  • You will be assigned a caseworker who can help you develop a service plan.
    • This plan targets necessary benefits and provide support this is specific to your needs.
  • HASA can also assist you in applying for public benefits and services, including:
    • Medicaid
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
    • Cash assistance
    • Emergency transitional housing
    • Non-emergency housing
    • Rental assistance
    • Home care and homemaking services
    • Mental health and substance abuse screening and treatment referrals
    • Employment and job services
    • Transportation assistance
    • SSI or SSD application and appeal

2. Determine your eligibility

To be eligible for HASA, you must have been diagnosed with HIV or with AIDS, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You do not need to have symptoms to be eligible.

3. What you need to include

To apply for HASA, you will need to provide proof of the following:

  • Your identity, such as a driver’s license or non-driver’s license ID.
  • Citizenship or immigration status, such as your birth certificate or US passport.
  • Your medical conditions, including HIV status. You or your doctor can provide your medical information by either:
    • Mailing the HASA ServiceLine Intake Unit
      400 Eighth Ave, 2nd Fl, New York, NY 10001
    • Faxing 212-971-0820.

Next section:

4. How to Apply

4. How to apply

Here are your options.

Apply by phone

Call HASA at 212-971-0626 (TTY: 212-971-2731) to apply or get more information.

Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.

More ways to get help with this program

Visit the website

Learn more about HASA services.

Call 311

Ask for services for people with HIV or AIDS.

Last Updated Tuesday, November 23rd, 3:36pm

Stay updated on benefits

Get occasional emails about benefits news, upcoming enrollment periods, and deadlines. Translations are available in 11 languages.