1. How it Works
High school juniors and seniors in the In-School Youth Program will receive assistance in career exploration, college readiness, and high school graduation.
- Must have a Social Security Number
- Must be able to work legally in US
- Enroll between September 1 – 30
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the websites
Visit the In-School Youth page on DYCD’s website to learn more.
Visit the Discover DYCD website to learn about all the programs In-School Youth offers.
Ask for assistance with In-School Youth Employment Program.
Call for help
Call DYCD Youth Connect at 800-246-4646 for more information on ISY.
Visit a center
Find a center to get help in person.
2. Determine your eligibility
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Are you between 16 – 21 years old?
- Are you a NYC high school junior or senior?
- Do you meet one of these requirements?
- Do you receive cash assistance or SNAP, or are you a member of a household that receives cash assistance or SNAP?
- Are you homeless?
- Are you a foster care youth?
- If you do not meet one of these requirements, ISY will look at your income to see if you are eligible. You can use ACCESS NYC to screen and see if you may qualify.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
School lunch eligibility does not substitute for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) income eligibility. The NYC-issued plastic Cash Assistance ID card is not sufficient proof of Cash Assistance by itself.
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
You can use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website.
- Select “jobs & internships” in the category field.
- Enter your borough and neighborhood, or zip code to begin searching.
Apply by phone
Call DYCD Youth Connect at 800-246-4646 to apply.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.