Learn & Earn is a year-round program for high school juniors and seniors at risk of dropping out of school. The program provides academic support, college application assistance, work readiness training, service-learning, and leadership activities, as well as a paid six-week summer internship.
- There are Learn & Earn programs in each borough. Each program may have different age and eligibility requirements.
- Enroll between September 1st – 30th.
- You need a social security number and must be able to work legally in the U.S.
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Are you between 16 – 21 years old?
- Are you an NYC high school junior or senior?
- Do you have a social security number?
- Can you legally work in the US?
- Are you registered for selective service, if you’re an eligible male?
- Do you meet one of these requirements?
- You or someone in your household gets cash assistance or SNAP (food stamps)
- You are a homeless or runaway youth
- You are a foster care youth or have aged out of the foster care system
- You are involved in the justice system
- You are pregnant or a parent
- You have a disability. Learn & Earn will look at your own income (not your family’s) to see if you are eligible.
- Is your household’s income at or below the amount shown in this chart?
|Household size||Monthly income||Yearly income|
|For each additional person||add $428||add $5,140|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
To apply for Learn & Earn, you will need to prove the following:
- Your identity and date of birth
- Where you live
- Your family’s income
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.