Lifeline is a federal program that gives up to a $9.25 monthly discount on phone or internet service. You can only use Lifeline for either phone or internet, but not both.
- To get the Lifeline discount, you can either:
- Check if your current phone or internet company offers the Lifeline discount, or
- Enroll in service with a phone or internet company that offers the Lifeline discount.
- Your eligibility for Lifeline will be checked automatically every year.
- Only one Lifeline discount is available per household.
RelatedCash & Expenses Everyone Families Immigrants NYCHA residents People with disabilities Pregnant & new parents Seniors Students Veterans
More ways to get help with this program
You are eligible for Lifeline if you can answer yes to any of the questions below.
- Does someone in your household participate in one of these programs?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Is your income equal to or less than the income requirements?
|Household size||Income in a year|
|For each additional person, add:||$6,372|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
- Print an application in English or Spanish. Complete the application and gather documents to prove your eligibility.
- Mail your application and proof of eligibility to:
Lifeline Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- Once you are approved for Lifeline, enroll in the Lifeline program with a participating phone or internet company. Visit a company in-store, or contact one online or by phone.
Ask your phone or internet company if they offer Lifeline or contact a company that offers Lifeline near you.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.