1. How it Works
If you are between the ages of 14 and 24, you can get a summer job through SYEP. There are jobs in government, museums, sports, and more. For more help, SYEP leads workshops on finding a job and understanding your finances.
- Apply between February – March each year
- Selection is based on a lottery
- Apply online or at a community-based organization during the application period
- Work is available for youth with disabilities
2. Determine your eligibility
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions.
- Do you live in NYC?
- Are you between 14 and 24 years old?
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
A Social Security Card is required for all applicants as proof of Social Security number. All references to the word “current” means documents dated within the last six (6) months or where applicable documents which are still valid and have not expired.
SYEP does not require documents to be submitted with the application. You will only need to submit documents if you are selected from the lottery.
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
- Apply to SYEP online during the application period (February – March). The application for SYEP will only be avaliable during that time.
- Participants are selected by lottery for the program.
Apply in person
Youth can also apply at their community-based organization.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.