NYC youth who are 14-24 years old can get paid job experience and career exploration opportunities every summer.
- Apply by April 14, 2023. Selection is based on a lottery.
- SYEP starts on July 5, 2023 and offers:
- Work readiness training
- Project-based learning
- Financial literacy training
- Paid summer jobs
- Work is available for youth with disabilities.
You may be eligible if you:
- live in New York City
- are 14-24 years old
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Here are the documents you’ll need to apply. You’ll need one document from each category. Some documents can count for more than one category.
Social Security Card, signed by the applicant
Official Picture ID (school, city, state, government issued). IDNYC is accepted.
- Birth Certificate
- Benefit Card
- NYS Driver/Non-Driver’s License
- Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Card
- Valid U.S. Passport (signed)
- Home utility bill (ex: cable, internet, phone, gas, electric, water)
- Current lease, mortgage, deed, or rent bill
- Official mail from a federal, state or city agency (including your school)
- Bank or credit card statement
- Report card (within the last 6 months)
- Official school transcript
- Valid U.S. passport
- NYS Driver’s/Nondriver’s License
- Alien registration card
- U.S. military card / draft card
- Voter’s registration card
- I-94, I-551, I-797 forms
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Employment Registration Card
Proof of disability
- Official documentation as applicable that certifies a disability. This can be from a doctor, ACS, HRA, school (like an IEP), social service agency or authorized entity on letter head.
Proof of Selective Service registration (if you identify as male 18 or older)
- Record of online registration (www.sss.gov)
- Selective Service Registration Letter
- Stamped post office receipt
If you’re under 18
- Green working paper card (ages 16 or 17)
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.