Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) connects NYC youth 14 – 24 years old with career exploration opportunities and paid work experience each summer.
- SYEP is now accepting applications for this summer. Apply online.
- The deadline to submit applications is April 10, 2020.
- Selection is based on a lottery.
- Apply online or at a community-based organization during the application period.
- Work is available for youth with disabilities.
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions.
- Do you live in NYC?
- Are you between 14 and 24 years old?
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
A Social Security Card is required for all applicants as proof of Social Security number. All references to the word “current” means documents dated within the last six (6) months or where applicable documents which are still valid and have not expired.
SYEP does not require documents to be submitted with the application. You will only need to submit documents if you are selected from the lottery.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.