Your family can get cash if you are in need. The funds come on a debit card that you can use at any ATM or store where EBT cards are accepted.
- Requires proof of identity, where you live, income, and citizenship status.
- You must be a US citizen or have satisfactory immigration status to receive Cash Assistance. A worker will help you learn your status when you apply.
- If you are able to work, you will either need to be working, be in an education or training program, or participate in a program assigned to you in order to get Cash Assistance.
This program looks at several things to decide if you are eligible. Some of them include:
- how much money you earn
- how much money you receive from benefits
- how many people live in your house
- resources like cash or a checking account
- your citizenship or immigration status
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
To apply for Cash Assistance you will need to prove the following:
- Your identity: such as a photo ID, driver’s license, passport, naturalization certificate, or hospital records.
- Where you live: such as a statement from your landlord, current rent receipt, lease, or mortgage records.
- Your income (if any): such as a current pay stub, business records, current income tax return, or an Unemployment Insurance Benefit statement.
- Citizenship or immigration status: such as your birth certificate, U.S. passport, or military service records.
Check the Cash Assistance document guide to see what else you can use as proof.
- Apply on ACCESS HRA. You can apply for Cash Assistance, SNAP, and Medicaid Renewal at the same time through the Cash Assistance application.
- Use the ACCESS HRA mobile app to track the progress of your application or submit documents.
- You will be contacted for a phone interview. You can also visit an HRA center for an in-person interview.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.