If you earned $66,000 or less last tax year, the City can help you file your taxes for free. You can file online or, if you make under $54,000, you can file in person.
- File your taxes by April 17, 2018
- File in person or online
- Free Tax Prep sites are open year-round to assist you
- If you qualify for tax credits such as EITC, Child Tax Credit, or Child and Dependent Tax Credit you can claim them when you file
- If you get a refund, the IRS mails your refund or deposits it into your bank account
- If you file in person, some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later
The City can help you find a website where you can file your taxes for free.
Apply in person
There are more than 200 NYC Free Tax Prep sites in all five boroughs that can help you file for free.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.