You qualify for free tax filing with NYC Free Tax Prep if your family earned $80,000 or less or if you’re a single filer who earned $56,000 or less in 2022. IRS-certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers are available to help you file.
- The deadline to file your 2022 tax return is April 18, 2023.
- There are many ways you can file for free with NYC Free Tax Prep.
- Virtual Tax Prep: A preparer can help you file your tax return during a 60-90 minute virtual call.
- Assisted Self-Prep: Complete your tax return on your own. A preparer will be available by phone or email to answer your questions.
- Drop-off service: Drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later
- In-person: Get your taxes prepared for free at a tax prep location near you.
- When you file your taxes, you may qualify for tax credits such as EITC, Child Tax Credit, or Child and Dependent Tax Credit. These tax credits can increase your refund.
- If you get a refund, the IRS mails it to you or deposits it into your bank account.
You’re eligible for free tax prep if you earned this in 2022:
- $80,000 or less and have dependents
- $56,000 or less and you don’t have dependents
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
See a list of documents you’ll need to file your taxes.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.