Train & Earn is a short-term career pathway program for low-income youth, who are not working and not in school. Train & Earn helps youth improve their job skills and find permanent work. It also provides High School Equivalency (HSE) prep and support services.
Youth receive up to 12 months of follow-up services after finishing the program.
- Available for youth 16 – 24 years old, who are not working and not in school
- College placement, HSE prep, and support services are also available
- Enroll at different times throughout the year
To be eligible for Train & Earn, you should be able to answer ‘yes’ to these questions:
- Are you a resident of NYC?
- Are you 16 – 24 years old?
- Are you not attending school and not working?
- Do you meet one of these requirements:
- You are a homeless or runaway youth
- You are a foster care youth or have aged out of foster care system
- You are in involved in the justice system
- You are a youth with a disability
- You are pregnant or a parent
- You are low-income and need additional help to enter or complete an education program or to get or hold a job
If you have additional questions about eligibility, call DYCD Youth Connect at 800-246-4646.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.