Train & Earn is a short-term program for low-income youth (ages 16-24) who are not working nor in school. Youth can get training to improve their job skills and find permanent work, as well as HSE prep.
- Train & Earn can help you get:
- a permanent job.
- high school equivalency (HSE) if you need it.
- education and training after high school.
- You can enroll at different times throughout the year.
- After finishing the program, you can get follow-up services for up to 12 months.
To be eligible for Train & Earn, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a resident of NYC?
- Are you 16-24 years old?
- Are you not working?
- Are you registered for selective service, if you’re an eligible male?
- Are you not attending school? (i.e. you have not graduated high school, or you do not have a high school equivalency diploma)
- OR you have a high school diploma or equivalency but are an English language learner or need to improve basic literary skills
- Do you meet one of these requirements:
- You or someone in your household gets cash assistance or SNAP (food stamps)
- You are a homeless or runaway youth
- You are a foster care youth or have aged out of the foster care system
- You are involved in the justice system
- You have a disability
- You are pregnant or a parent
- You are low-income and need more help to enter or complete an education program, or to get or hold a job
|Is your household’s income at or below the amount shown in this chart?
|Monthly income||Yearly income|
|For each additional person||add $428||add $5,140|
You must be able to work lawfully in the United States to participate in paid work experiences.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.