If you have a disability that makes it hard to use accessible buses or the subway, you can apply for Access-A-Ride. AAR operates 24/7, 365 days a year, throughout the five boroughs of NYC. A vehicle, specific to your needs, will pick you up and take you to your destination.
- The price is the same as full fare on public transportation
- AAR may take up to 21 days to process your application after your in-person assessment
- A subscription service is available if you travel to the same places at the same time of day at least once each week
- Some customers require the assistance of a personal care attendant (PCA) who performs personal duties that drivers are not allowed to do during travel. Personal care attendants ride for free
- Some AAR customers may request an AAR MetroCard that can be used for four free public transportation rides a day on public buses and trains
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.