If you have a mental and/or physical disability that makes it hard for you to live on your own and manage your affairs, APS can help. APS’s caseworkers make home visits, help you apply for benefits and services such as managing your money and healthcare, and investigate reports of abuse.
- New Yorkers over 18 can get help regardless their income
- Referrals can be made online, by email, or by phone (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m)
- Referrals received after 5:00pm or during the weekend will be processed the next business day
- Call 911 if there is an emergency or life threatening situation and a person needs immediate help
To be eligible for APS, you should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years or older?
- Do you have a physical and/or mental disability?
- Are you unable to manage your own resources, carry out daily activities, or protect yourself from dangerous situations without help from others?
- Do you have no one else who is able to help you?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.