Get help paying for groceries with SNAP. SNAP benefits are sometimes called food stamps. They come on a debit card that you can use at many grocery stores and farmers markets.
- If you are eligible, you will receive your benefits within 30 days
- You must be a US citizen or have satisfactory immigration status to receive SNAP; a worker will help you determine your status when you apply
- Requires proof of identity, where you live, and income
- You can allow someone who knows your household situation apply for you
- Apply online, in person, by fax, or by mail
- You will have to complete an interview after you submit your application
- SNAP recipients in New York City ages 16 and over are eligible for discounted Citi Bike memberships. For $5 per month, you’ll get unlimited 45-minute rides and access to thousands of bikes across Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Jersey City. Enter your EBT card number to verify your eligibility.
This program looks at several things to decide if you are eligible. They include:
- how much money you earn
- how much money you receive from benefits
- how many people are in your house
- your citizenship or immigration status
With a few questions, we can help you find out if you may be eligible.
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.