The program helps mothers, fathers, and guardians with child support. People who receive child support can get help collecting it. People who pay child support can get help finding a job. Other services are also available.
- You don’t have to be a citizen to get this service, and you won’t be asked about your immigration status
- This program doesn’t help with custody or visitation. It can guide you to resources for these services
- You should get a child support order even if you think the other parent can’t afford to pay right now. They can get help finding work and may qualify for financial protections
- A child can get child support until age 21, even if the other parent isn’t involved in the child’s life
- Parents whose cash assistance was lowered because they did not participate correctly with child support can have it raised when they begin to comply. These parents should bring the necessary documentation to their child support office
- Child support has proven to benefit kids in many ways, especially when it comes to doing well in school
To be eligible for child support services, you should be able to answer “yes” to these questions:
- Are you a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 21?
- Are you primarily responsible for the child’s day-to-day life?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.