The Office of Child Support Services (OCSS) makes children the priority through helping mothers, fathers and guardians in opening and maintaining child support cases. People who pay child support can get help finding a job and managing their child support debt. Other services are also available.
Office of Child Support Services
- You don’t have to be a citizen to get this service, and you won’t be asked about your immigration status.
- This service doesn’t help with custody or visitation but it can guide you to services that do, such as mediation.
- A child can get child support until age 21 even if the other parent isn’t involved in the child’s life.
- You should get a child support order even if you think the other parent can’t afford to pay right now. They can get help finding work and may qualify for financial protections.
- Parents who are behind on their child support payments may qualify for a program to lower their debt.
- Noncustodial parents can also get connected to job services if they are unemployed or underemployed.
- Noncustodial parents can avoid additional credit card fees when they use the NYC Access HRA Child Support Mobile App instead of making payments through the NYS Child Support Website.
- For custodial parents applying for or receiving cash assistance benefits on your child’s behalf, not responding to a child support notice or missing a child support appointment might lead to:
- your Cash Assistance benefit being reduced by 25%
- loss of Medicaid coverage for yourself
- loss of eligibility for some rental assistance programs.
- For assistance, please call the phone number on your appointment notice or email OCSS at firstname.lastname@example.org
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the Child Support Services website to learn more about available services.
Visit the Noncustodial Parents page for services available to noncustodial parents, such as work and lowering debt.
Visit the Family Court website for information about custody and visitation.
Email Child Support Services
Email email@example.com to request a customer service phone appointment or get an email response.
Please provide your name, Child Support case number, a description of your concern(s), phone number, and the best time to reach you. Write “Requesting a Customer Service Appointment” in the subject line of your email.
Ask for Child Support.
Call the Helpline
Call NYS Child Support Helpline at 888-208-4485 (or 866-875-9975 if you have trouble hearing) for more information. Automated information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your Social Security number and PIN are required.
Visit the walk-in center or a borough office
Visit the OCSS Customer Service Walk-in Center:
151 West Broadway, 4th Floor
(between Worth and Thomas Streets)
New York, NY 10013
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (except holidays)
Visit the OCSS Family Court office in your borough.
To be eligible for child support services, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a single parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 21?
- Are you primarily responsible for the child’s day-to-day life?
When you go to your interview, you’ll need to bring the following documents:
- Your completed application
- Your child’s birth certificate
- A recent photo of the other parent is helpful but not required
Apply online using the NYC ACCESS HRA Child Support Mobile App
- Enroll in child support via your phone
- Pay child support by credit, debit or PayPal with no fees
- Complete child support forms and apply to debt reduction programs
- Scan and upload required documents
- Learn more about the mobile app at NYC ACCESS HRA Child Support Mobile App or download the app for free from the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android.)
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.