CSFP provides healthy food packages to eligible low-income adults age 60 and older.
- Once every month, you or someone representing you can pick up your food package at a CSFP distribution site.
- Packages can include cheese, milk, rice, pasta, cereal, canned vegetables, fruits, chicken or fish, and more.
- During summer, you can also get additional benefits to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at farmers’ markets.
- CSFP nutritionists also give cooking demonstrations and nutrition lessons.
- Additionally, CSFP can connect you to health care and social service agencies.
- You can get CSFP even if you are receiving SNAP (food stamp) benefits.
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
The NYS Department of Health has more information about CSFP.
Ask about the “Commodity Supplemental Food Program”.
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you 60 years old or older?
- Are you a New York State resident?
- You do not need to be a US citizen to receive CSFP benefits.
- Is your household’s total pre-tax income equal to or less than CSFP income requirements below?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
|For each additional person, add:||+$6,136||+$512||+$118|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.Am I Eligible?
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.