1. How it Works
CSFP gives healthy food to low-income seniors. People in the program get a monthly package of fruit, vegetables, meat or fish, pasta or rice, and cereal. CSFP gives advice on cooking and nutrition. CSFP can also connect you to health care and social services.
- Requires proof of identity, address, and income
- You can get CSFP even if you are receiving SNAP
- You, or someone representing you, will pick up the food once a month at one of the four distribution sites
More ways to get help with this program
Visit the website
Visit the CSFP website for more information.
Ask for Commodity Supplemental Food Program.
Call a CSFP site
Visit a CSFP location
Visit a CSFP site near you to get help in person.
2. Determine your eligibility
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Are you a senior 60 years old or older?
- Is your income equal to or less than program income requirements?
|Family size||Income in a year||Income in a month||Income in a week|
|for each additional person, add:||$5,412||$451||$112.75|
Take a short survey to see if you might be eligible for this or 30 other programs.
3. What you need to include
It’s important to include the right documents when you apply. Your documents show whether the program is right for you.
This page can help you choose the right documents for your application.
For each person applying, any one document:
- Driver license or official photo ID
- Birth certificate
- Work I.D. with photo
- Social Security Card for dependents
- Social Security Card or ITIN
- SNAP card with photo
- Medicaid card, or medical referral form if the address is completed by the provider
- Green Card
For each income source of each income earner, any one document:
Wages & Salary
- W2 form
- Income tax return
- Letter from employer on company letterhead signed and dated
- Paycheck stubs (1 stub of earnings to date. If you are paid monthly, bring 1 pay stub. If you are paid a few times a month bring 2 stubs. If you are paid each week bring 4 stubs.)
- Signed and dated income tax return and all schedules
- Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Self-declaration from the participant
Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB)
- Award letter or certificate
- Current benefit check
Social Security benefits (SSI Dependent Disability Survivor’s Retirement)
- Current award letter or certificate
4. How to apply
Here are your options.
Apply by phone
Call a food distribution site near you for application information.
Apply in person
Collect your documents and take them to a CSFP site near you. You can call ahead to verify the types of documents are recommended.
Come back to it later.
We can send you a link to this page to help you get back to it when you’re ready.